Computing and Information Sciences Department
Kansas State University
Title: Business Manager (W0041621)
Details of Appointment: Full-time, Regular, 12-month position
Overview of the Position: The Department of Computing and Information Sciences (CIS) at Kansas State University is seeking applications for a full-time Business Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and administering broad office policies, procedures and methods to manage financial, human resource, marketing and development in a highly diverse department by interpreting federal, state, and university regulations, policies, and procedures. Duties will include providing administrative guidance to departmental faculty, unclassified, classified, and student employees on financial, human resource, payroll, sponsored research grant issues and concerns. The position will also be responsible for working directly with the department head to manage and anticipate the budgetary needs of the department and consistently monitor budget allocations. Responsibilities also include managing sponsored project administration and business/clerical staff.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
Financial – E – 45%
Work directly with and on behalf of the Department Head in overseeing the department’s financial operations and budget. Manage day-to-day operations of the department, supervise the department’s business office personnel, and administer grant funds. Approve requisitions for materials, supplies, and services. Authorize departmental purchase orders, check requests, and interaccount bills. Administer state accounts and over 30 restricted fee and sponsored research grant accounts by managing department schedule of charges and deposit of funds totaling approximately $6 million annually. Active sponsored research award expenditures total approximately $2.9 million annually. Develop budgets for proposals and advise faculty investigators on proposal preparation in compliance with KSU PreAward Services and sponsor guidelines. Prepare current and pending support documents and sponsored project transmittal sheets for appropriate signatures. Confer with faculty on funding changes required for grants due to insufficient funds, account number changes, sponsored project budget restrictions and grant closures using information from the KSU Financial Information Systems (FIS), the departmental accounting system, and the business office staff. Verify and correct payroll expenditures on personnel activity reports for sponsored projects and report cost sharing using departmental accounting system. Prepare financial accounting reports as required by sponsors. Work directly with sponsor representatives to resolve grant related issues. Oversee KSU Foundation accounts by advising faculty and business office staff. Manage department business staff, teaching, organized research, GTA, and GRA salary accounts by projecting expenditures for the fiscal year, and reconciling with monthly FIS statements. Manage the entry of funding and time and leave for all employees and verify biweekly payroll from HRIS reports.
Human Resources – E - 45%
Manage recruitment, appointments, personnel transactions, and payroll for approximately 120 unclassified, classified, graduate student and student employees. Use KSU HRIS to manage all employee personnel transactions and to compile special reports for the Department Head and faculty. Document records of adverse personnel situations and advise supervisors of appropriate corrective action.
Marketing – E - 5%
Responsible for coordinating and implementing marketing and visibility strategies to support the department’s mission, funding, and educational objectives. Organize and direct the department’s marketing strategy aimed at prospective students, alumni, and the external community. Coordinate marketing activities including events planning and public relations to convey the positive image and reputation of the department. Supervises and assists in the development of a variety of publications (produced in hardcopy and/or presented on the web) related to department marketing, recruiting, and events management. Maintain and improve key publications and supplemental website content to insure a cohesive and consistent message.
Other Duties – E – 5%
Manage human resource and sponsored project record retention. Research and analyze information for reports to Department Head, the College of Engineering, and faculty. Complete special projects as requested by Department Head. The position will also serve as a backup to the Program Coordinator to support undergraduate and graduate programs.
The qualified individual must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field and a minimum of three years experience in a related job. Strong computer application skills with intermediate experience using Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe required. Strong written and oral communication skills required. Master’s degree in Business or related field and relevant academic office, human resource, grant management, budget experience, and marketing/development experience preferred.
Full-time Job Openings
All entries are taken as is from the hiring agency. The Computing and Information Sciences Department does not edit or check the validity of any entry, nor does it endorse any company. This list is for informational purposes only.
Business Manager - Computing and Information Sciences - Kansas State University
Computing and Information Sciences Department
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references to Scott DeLoach, Recruitment Chair, Department of Computing and Information Sciences, 234 Nichols Hall, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will commence October 27, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
Kansas State University is an EOE of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Kansas State University seeks diversity among its employees. Background check required
Director, Vehicle Research and Test Center - Department Of Transportation
$120,749.00 to $174,300.00 / Per Year
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 to Friday, November 7, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Permanent - Career
1 vacancy - East Liberty, OH View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified U.S. citizens.
Please Note: We will perform interim reviews of all applications received by midnight on October 9, 2014 and October 30, 2014.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
About the Agency
Come on board with us and take a journey that will challenge your mind and develop your career. The quality of our lives, the shape of our communities and the productivity of our Nation's economy depend on our transportation systems. We recognize and value the importance of our workforce and the diversity of backgrounds and ideas that each employee brings. The U.S. Department of Transportation: Careers in Motion.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is an exciting and progressive organization. We are seeking individuals who are committed to superior service and who can help us continue our work to reduce highway injuries and fatalities. Excellent benefits including 401k and family friendly leave policies. Visit our website at www.nhtsa.dot.gov
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
Back to top
The Director, Vehicle Research and Test Center
Under the general supervision of the Associate Administrator for Vehicle Safety Research, serves as the Director, Vehicle Research and Test Center, with responsibility for directing the formulation and conduct of research, development, testing, and evaluation necessary to 1) establish a sound information base for developing safety standards for motor vehicles and motor vehicle equipment, 2) develop test technologies, procedures and equipment in support of motor vehicle safety research, standards enforcement, defect investigations and vehicle ratings, and 3) support investigations of possible noncompliance with safety standards and investigations of possible safety defects. Further, is responsible for directing other motor vehicle related research, development, testing, evaluation and demonstration for other activities of the Federal Government.
Provides executive leadership in programs, the characteristics of which are subject to change in scope, complexity, and importance commensurate with the growth and development of programs throughout the Administration, many of which are subject to Congressional surveillance, widespread public interest and have substantial national and international impact. Program progress is affected in many ways by changing automotive technologies, resource availability, priority shifts, and unexpected events requiring immediate attention.
Areas of activity include the following:
• Leads the analytical reviews of research, development and test findings and oversees their development into scientifically supported recommendations needed for operational and senior management decisions of major importance in the administration of programs throughout the Administration.
• Maintains liaison with professional organizations and safety groups in the scientific and academic communities to keep abreast of emerging technological changes and current state-of-the-art.
• Conducts high-level staff meetings and makes significant technical contributions for use in Administration planning, policy formulation, and rulemaking and enforcement activities.
• Directs a highly technical staff into productive channels, reviews and evaluates program progress and accomplishments in terms of objectives and assigned functional responsibilities, and initiates appropriate measures to insure the integrity of the Office programs.
• Leads a multidisciplinary staff and administers personnel management responsibilities for professional, technical, administrative and clerical support personnel.
• Furthers equal employment opportunity by demonstrated affirmative efforts in selections for employment, promotions, training and employee development, and employee recognition in concert with the Secretary's initiatives and general equal employment goals.
Back to top
As a basic requirement for entry into the Senior Executive Service (SES), you must provide evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience that is indicative of senior executive level management capability; and that is directly related to the skills and abilities outlined under the Technical Qualifications (TQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) listed below.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS(TQs): Below are descriptions of the technical qualifications that will be presented to you within the online application. You must clearly demonstrate in your responses how your experience supports each of the TQs.
1. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and direct exploratory and investigative research and laboratory testing programs for improving and maintaining the safety of motor vehicles and equipment.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the safety technologies utilized to improve vehicle safety and the ability to direct the technical analyses of risks and benefits associated with those technologies and the development of unique and/or complicated laboratory test procedures related to them.
3. Demonstrated ability to organize and manage a team of cross-disciplinary professionals and provide the leadership and collaboration skills necessary to assess program needs and with input from colleagues to determine and implement an appropriate solution.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs): Below are descriptions of the ECQs that that will be presented to you within the online application.
Please Note: Current career SES members, former career SES members with reinstatement eligibility, and SES Candidate Development graduates who have been certified by OPM do NOT need to address the ECQs.
ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.Leadership Competencies: Creativity and Innovation, External Awareness, Flexibility, Resilience, Strategic Thinking, Vision
ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Leadership Competencies: Conflict Management, Leveraging Diversity, Developing Others, Team Building
ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Leadership Competencies: Accountability, Customer, Decisiveness, Entrepreneurship, Problem Solving, Technical Credibility
ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically. Leadership Competencies: Financial Management, Human Capital Management, Technology Management
ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals. Leadership Competencies: Partnering, Political Savvy, Influencing/Negotiating
FUNDAMENTAL COMPETENCIES: The following competencies are the foundation for success in each of the Executive Core Qualifications: Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Integrity/Honesty, Continual Learning, and Public Service Motivation. Additional information about the SES and Executive Core Qualifications can be found on the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) SES Website.
You are strongly encouraged to review OPMs Guide to SES Qualifications for specific examples and guidance on writing effective ECQ narrative statements.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a one-year SES probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a Public Financial Disclosure report, OGE-278. You will need to provide the information annually.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume and responses to the ECQs and TQs are an integral part of the process for determining your basic and specialized qualifications for the position. Responses to the qualification statements that are not supported by your resume and/or supporting documentation may eliminate you from highly or well-qualified status and/or result in non-referral. An SES rating and ranking panel will evaluate your application based on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience, and education. Applicants determined to be highly qualified may undergo an interview and a reference check. If selected, your ECQs must be certified by an Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Review Board (QRB), unless you are a current SES executive or have successfully participated in an OPM approved SES Candidate Development Program. You must receive certification before you can be appointed to the position. We recommend you preview the questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here.
Back to top
You can review our benefits at:https://jobs.mgsapps.monster.com/dot/vacancy/preview!benefits.hms?orgId=2&jnum=70507
Veterans preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
You must submit a complete online application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement posting.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, please contact the DOT Automated Staffing Office during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET) at (202) 366-1298. You may also email us at Transjobs@dot.gov.
The following documents must be provided by the closing date:
- RESUME - showing relevant experience and education. Please do not include pictures in your application package.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE - Responses to the Technical and Executive Core Qualifications are limited to 4,500 characters per question. Do NOT include your answers in the body of your USAJOBS resume, since they will be asked separately.
SF-50 - Current & former federal employees should submit an SF-50 which shows your current (or most recent grade.)
- Current Career Senior Executives and individuals with SES reinstatement eligibility must submit a copy of an SF-50 which shows career SES status
- CANDIDATE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM CERTIFICATE - individuals who have successfully completed an Office of Personnel Management (OPM) approved SES Candidate Development Program, submit a copy of your OPM certificate.
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the announcement will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Automated Staffing Office
DOT, NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMIN
Submit Application and Documents Online
1200 New Jersey Ave SE / HAHR - 50
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you have opted to receive account status updates via USAJobs, you will receive online confirmation that your application package has been received. All applicants will receive a notification email of the final outcome regarding the hiring decision.
Please Note: We will perform interim reviews of all applications received by midnight on October 9, 2014 and October 30, 2014. All applications must be completed and submitted electronically no later than midnight ET of the closing date. Final reviews will be performed after the announcement closing, and timely notice of the status of your application will be emailed to you. You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and selectingApplication Status.
Information Technology Consultant Vacancy Announcement - Kansas State University
The Kansas State University Information Technology Assistance Center, Manhattan, KS, is seeking applications for an Information Technology Consultant. this position works as part of a team in the Operations Center (OC) to monitor the availability and performance of applications, environmentals, processes, servers, services and systems. This position also processes phishing scams and performs other security-related functions including security incident blocks and antivirus monitoring and resolution. This position is responsible for first and second tier problem determination; incident/problem recording, problem escalation and root cause analysis. This position will draft communiqués including NOC documentation, knowledge base articles, playbooks and status reports. Work involves supervising student staff. The unit provides 24 X 7 attended services, therefore, scheduling is flexible, and evening, weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Monitors the availability and performance of applications, environmentals, processes, servers, services and systems using the appropriate diagnostic tools and procedures.
- Works with the Data Center manager to control access to the facility.
- Works with the OC team on new and innovative monitoring as new functionality is implemented.
- Supervises student staff.
· Processes phishing scams and performs other security-related functions including security incident blocks, VPN management and antivirus monitoring and resolution.
Assists in organization and implementation of systems or software for the OC when new functionality or applications are implemented
· Installs applications on the OC machines as needed.
- Provides technical support for IT problems and responds to situations and decides on appropriate escalation procedures.
- Uses designated software to initiate trouble tickets, document incidents and record problem history.
- Applies analytical techniques and troubleshooting methods to isolate and/or clarify problem to determine root cause.
- Escalates problems to ITS personnel following established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Participates in after action review.
- Maintains communications with customers during problem resolution by providing status information and estimated time to resolution and responding to customer follow-up inquiries to keep customer updated.
- Maintains a professional, pro-active, customer-focused outlook.
- Recommends improvement of procedures and documentation to the unit manager.
- Develops and maintains problem management procedures and documentation, including IT status reports and knowledge base articles.
- Reads and is familiar with all pertinent materials, manuals, guides and other documentation to maintain awareness of operating procedures and standards of Information Technology Services, Information Technology Assistance Center, and Operations Center.
- Attends internal and external professional development, training, workshops, seminars, conferences and meetings, and maintains calendar.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree, or three years of related coursework or employment experience in information technology; MTA and A+ certifications can substitute for a year of experience.
· Three years’ experience in a desktop support, help desktop, technical support, and/or operations center environment
· Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
· Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced, highly technical environment
· Effective written and verbal communications skills; effective interpersonal skills in communicating technical IT issues to a non-technical public
· Demonstrated strong customer service skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, plus one year of experience in electronics, electrical engineering, telecommunications. Five years of experience can be substituted for this qualification.
· Certification for the following:
o Microsoft Technology Assistant
o Two of the following:
§ Networks Plus
§ Linux Essentials
§ ITIL Foundations
Basic knowledge of IT system monitoring methods, operating systems, local and wide area networks, VMware servers, data communications equipment, and related software.
· Experience with analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving complex operations.
· Experience with responding to customer issues, interacting with client and contractor staff, performing in a team environment, and following established procedures.
· Experience with developing policies and procedures and writing technical articles
Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,900
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position
- Detailed resume or vitae
- Names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references
Submit application materials electronically to email@example.com.
Questions may be directed to Viki Horan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screening of applications begins November 10, 2014, and will continue until position is filled.
For a full listing of benefits please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hr/benefits/unclass.pdf.
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Background check required of successful applicant.
KU IT has an opening for a PHP Programmer supporting IT Enterprise Web Development Please share with anyone who be interested. The position is open until Oct 22, 2014.
The PHP Programmer in Enterprise Web Development is a web/mobile developer expected to work within a standards-based collaborative team environment to contribute code, provide technical support and development expertise to various development projects and applications. This programmer will primarily support web and mobile applications for the university as a whole. Different skill sets may be emphasized as dictated by current priorities requiring the incumbent to be adaptable and flexible. The incumbent is also expected to take every opportunity to advance skill sets in areas that are critical to the organizations, especially web-based application development. Effective communication with peers, other campus service providers/data sources, and time management are essential aspects to this position.
- 50% - Develops, maintains, and supports web sites and web applications independently or as a member of a small standards-based team while continuously seeking methods for automation, efficiency, and security conscious development.
- 20% - Researches and develops solutions to problems or as specified by the functional needs of the project.
- 10% - Collaborates with clients, other developers, and members of the university community to understand and contribute to project needs as well as maintain a broader view of the KU environment.
- 10% - Ensures deliverables meet relevant standards and architecture in a team culture of code walk through.
- 5% - Communicates frequently with the Unit Manager and provides status updates and knowledge clients and peers.
- 5% - Other related duties as assigned.
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to issue password resets in accordance with established procedure in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Associate Degree and three years relevant experience or equivalent.
- Two or more years demonstrated professional experience with web development using HTML and CSS, including URLs provided as samples of work
- Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new technical skills
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical teams, business partners, and management including excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Experience producing technical documentation.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills, with a record of being flexible, accurate, detail-oriented, reliable and self-motivated.
- Two or more years demonstrated web design experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar products.
Experience with and/or knowledge of the following
- Git or other version control system
- CMS systems (prefer Drupal)
- Application/web security
- Middleware technologies including application servers, directory servers(LDAP), and authentication/authorization
- Software architecture design, system analysis and associated methodologies
- Development and maintenance of a database focused application (Prefer mySQL and/or Oracle)
- UNIX flavor web server (Prefer Linux)
Complete description and application instruction can be found at:
Research Cyberinfrastructure Analyst - Oklahoma State University
Research Cyberinfrastructure Analyst
The OSU High Performance Computing Center is seeking an individual to deploy and maintain a cloud computing platform using open source tools. The skills most needed include Linux and Windows system administration, networking, security, scripting, application deployment, workflow development, user interface development, and data management.
This position is central to deploying a cloud computing platform. Partial support for hardware and collaborating informatics personnel comes from the National Science Foundation, so participation in grant reporting, and interaction with large, inter-disciplinary research teams is a must.
This person will also represent OSU on the statewide informatics team.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or any field involving significant computational component is required. The ideal candidate must have at least three years of relevant experience. OSU prefers a Master’s degree with five years relevant experience.
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible.
Complete application at OSU Human Resources, 106 Whitehurst, or apply on-line at https://jobs.okstate.edu/. When applying, refer to job positing 11156.
To receive full consideration, applications must be received no later than October 31, 2014.
Ruby Software Deveoper - Ruby Software Engineer
Red Nova Labs’ engineering department is a fast-paced and dynamic environment. We believe attitude and culture matter just as much as pure skill. Instead of formal conference room training, you will be pulling down repositories on day one. It's not easy to push code updates to hundreds of servers multiple times a day or provide fast and reliable service to millions of visitors, but we believe that our team can do anything.
· Red Nova Labs provides scalable and modern cloud-based platforms that help self storage businesses grow.
· We introduce our clients to high-quality new customers and give merchants the tools and analytics to effectively manage and drive decisions.
· We are disrupting and transforming the $30B+ self storage industry by focusing on building software with an exceptional user experience.
· You will be a key contributor to our cloud-based platforms and APIs.
· You will work with teams on building our high-performance and high-availability system utilizing open-source technologies.
· You will build applications that focus on great user experience.
· You will write maintainable code with extensive tests and version control.
· You can code at all levels of a web application stack or you’re ready to learn it quickly.
· You have experience with databases (MYSQL, Postgres, etc.).
· You can translate technical requirements into elegant code solutions.
· You have designed and built mission-critical services.
· You write tools to automate your job.
· You focus on continuous improvement and can describe the approaches you have taken.
· You are hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble. You get things done.
· Developing automated deployment scripts with Chef, Capistrano, or AWS OpsWorks.
· Using Test Driven Development and experience writing accurate tests.
· Competitive salary
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· 401K matching
· Catered lunches
· Amazing cubicle-free office space, stocked snack area, full kitchen access, ping pong, foosball
· Unlimited coffee, tea, soda, Red Bull, and Gatorade
· Regular social events and happy hours
· Awesome co-workers
Senior Software Developer - GTM Sportswear
GTM Sportswear is seeking an experienced Senior Software Develop to join our GTM Team! This position will be responsible for maintaining, supporting, and enhancing the existing infrastructure as well as leading development of new systems and applications.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
•Leads development and maintenance of ERP programs and solutions to support various business areas of GTM Sportswear.
•Leads development and maintenance of web applications including eCommerce web applications and its supporting systems.
•Leads development and maintenance of interfaces between the systems that allow GTM Sportswear staff to complete operations.
•Contributes in database development that supports ERP programs, web applications and interfaces.
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
•At least 6 years of experience in .NET application development.
•At least 1 year of experience as a Team Lead in a Team Development Environment
•Must possess superior skills in ASP.Net and Visual studio using either C# or VB.Net.
•Experience in developing and consuming web services, DLLs and APIs.
•Strong understanding of SQL, Object Oriented Development, and Microsoft SQL Server.
•Strong understanding of application architecture models such as MVC, MVVC, and N-Tiered architecture.
•Strong understanding of XML.
•Experience in all phases of the SDLC lifecycle to include design, architecture, development, and delivery.
•Work closely with other Software Engineers and Solution Delivery team to-implement best architecture approaches.
•Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task between projects and triage work requests – based upon priority and complexity.
•Experience in Scrum Agile projects a plus.
Business Initiative Requirements:
•Education – Lead in implementing technologies and techniques that will make you and your team more efficient, productive and competitive.
•GTM Software Systems – Lead in the understanding of software used to complete daily tasks in other business areas of the company.
•Task Management – Lead and assist in providing accurate estimates around the effort of an individual task and projects. Lead in providing options to your team managers so they can make better decisions about what the development team can deliver in the allotted time frame.
•Foundation and performance – Lead and assist in the development of code for scalability, robustness, and reusability. Lead and collaborate in developing code that performs at a high level.
•Usability – Lead in the collaboration and planning with those who will consume back end code: the front end developer and peers on the back end development team.
Standard office equipment, such as computers, fax machines, copiers, scanners, multi-line phones, and audio/visual equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to sit, reach with hands and arms, as well as use hands and fingers for frequent data entry and computer use for long periods of time. The individual must also be able to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch as well as be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Specific demands also include the ability to see in color as well as to talk to and hear customers and staff.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
520 McCall Rd.
Manhattan, KS 66502
800.336.4486 ext. 1221
Software Designer/Developer - Morning Stars LLC
Morning Stars LLC is seeking a full time, entry level website developer to work in the IT department. A successful candidate is expected to perform the assigned tasks with the highest level of professionalism and accountability as an integral part of our team. This role will be responsible for improving the user experience of the customer facing web portals. This role will also be involved in designing the next generation of web architecture. This position will require attention to detail and accuracy, must have a good strong background in programming.
● Software design and development
● Assisting in hardware design and testing
● Collaborating with the engineering group
● Working closely with lead developer with the improvement of the web portal and web
● Create testing plans and documentation
● 2+ years of relevant industry experience
● Experience with the following databases: MySQL
● Web Server experience – Apache a must,
● Experience with front end design, CSS and document object model.
● Experience with API integration of system.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com ATTN: Edgar Rada
Web Systems Engineer - Kansas State University of Mediated Education
The Kansas State University Office of Mediated Education (OME) in Manhattan, KS, is seeking applications for a Web Systems Engineer. This position provides services for the application and web development teams, including capacity planning, infrastructure design, and systems/software installation and maintenance. The Web Systems Engineering team produces infrastructure to provide a reliable and stable environment for application development and deployment.
This position is eligible to promote to a Senior Web Systems Engineer.
· Administer servers including: Apache, JBoss/Tomcat, and others as needed
· Maintain identical environments on development, alpha, beta, and production servers and ensure proper operation of these systems
· Develop and maintain configuration management for infrastructure applications and configurations
· Work with developers to troubleshoot problems on servers in all environments and assist with integration of new code into production systems
· Develop and maintain tools for automation, monitoring, and capacity planning
· Manage and maintain secure infrastructure
· Research new products and technologies and recommend purchases
· Manage server logs and produce reports for application development staff or clients as appropriate
· Associate degree in computer science or closely related field. Two years’ relevant experience may be substituted for a degree. (Does not replace additional experience required.)
· 2+ years’ experience in systems engineering and/or administration
· Experience with dynamic/interpreted programming languages, such as Perl, Python, Ruby, or shell scripting
· Experience with automated monitoring and management of complex systems
· Familiarity with Linux/UNIX/POSIX systems tooling
· Strong programming skills with emphasis on systems and automation programming
· Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills in systems and programming environments
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
· Experience maintaining enterprise level Java web application server
· Experience with RDBMS, JBoss, Tomcat, Samba, Apache, LDAP
· Understanding of network protocols with emphasis on those relating to web and application servers
· Familiarity with common open source web service infrastructure
· Experience with Kerberos, Active Directory, Shibboleth
· Experience using Chef, or similar configuration management tools
· Familiarity with principles of web systems capacity planning
· Experience with virtual machine technology such as VMware, Amazon EC2, Virtualbox, Xen, or similar
Salary Range: Commensurate with skills and experience
Applicants must submit:
1. Cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position
3. Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Applicants must submit:
1. Cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position
3. Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references
Submit application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening of applications begins October 27, 2014, and will continue until position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Viki Horan at email@example.com
For a full listing of benefits please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hr/current-employees/benefits/
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Background check required.