We have posted our IT Associate Developer position that will begin in June. This is a full time position, where the Associate Developers get to participate in an 18-month rotational program. They will have the ability to utilize multiple technologies and work on different application teams within Commerce Bank’s IT Department. At the conclusion of the program, the candidate will get a say in which team they would like to work with full-time.
Full-time Job Openings
All entries are taken as is from the hiring agency. The Computing and Information Sciences Department does not edit or check the validity of any entry, nor does it endorse any company. This list is for informational purposes only.
Associate Developer Opening - Commerce Bank
Kacey Herrick, AAP, CTP
C# / .NET Software Engineer - Vision Tech Sourcing
C# / .NET Software Engineer
4 Separate direct hire positions..
- Mid-level Developer 60-80K
- Junior level /Entry level 50-60K
Location: Leawood, KS
Qualified candidates are experienced programmers, strong problem solvers, and effective communicators A strong background in programming and problem solving is required. Qualified candidates will display the ability to work and program in an agile team environment and will identify ways to improve both software quality and team procedures. Candidates will demonstrate the ability to develop, navigate and reason with client-server architecture.
· Design and implement software to meet business needs
· Troubleshoot bugs and code fixes to existing software
· Work with a team of software developers
· Review teammates’ code and give constructive feedback
Experience, knowledge and skills
·Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
·Experience working as a software developer, preferably with C# and the .NET Framework
·Experience with designing databases and writing SQL queries
·Understanding of the SOLID principles
·Understanding of agile software development and scrum
·Experience with version control software
·Experience with client-server architecture
· Ability to read and write software code
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people
· Knowledge of operating systems and networking
Contact: Nicole Commerford
Knowledge Engineer (Math Curriculum Developer) - Reasoning Mind
If you want students to excel in mathematics, you need an excellent curriculum. As a Knowledge Engineer at Reasoning Mind, you’ll help create a quality curriculum that provides tens of thousands of students with a first-rate mathematics education.
What do Knowledge Engineers at Reasoning Mind do?
One of the strongest curricula available for elementary and middle school mathematics is the curriculum developed in Russia in the 1960s and 1970s. The only problem is: it’s used in classrooms over there; we want to bring it to classrooms over here. Knowledge Engineers work with Reasoning Mind’s expert Russian mathematics teachers to learn about how they plan and carry out their lessons. (Note: no knowledge of the Russian language is required.) They then use this knowledge to design interactive online lessons that simulate the work of these teachers in software.
To design lessons, Knowledge Engineers write detailed scripts describing what the lessons should be like. In addition to clear explanations of mathematical concepts, Knowledge Engineers’ scripts contain interesting problems, engaging games, dialogue promoting good learning values, and much more. The Knowledge Engineer then works with artists, animators, and programmers to bring the lessons into existence in the Reasoning Mind system.
What knowledge and skills are needed?
Knowledge Engineers must have:
- Strong knowledge of mathematics
- Strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good writing skills
Programming experience is not necessary.
What does it take to become a Knowledge Engineer at Reasoning Mind?
Reasoning Mind is very selective, and only a small percentage of applicants receive offers. Simply having a successful college or graduate school career is not enough: Significant weight is put on how successful applicants are at completing the assignments given during the application process.
Where is the job based?
The job is based in Houston, TX. There is also the potential for occasional travel to Moscow, Russia.
What are the biggest advantages of working as a Knowledge Engineer at Reasoning Mind?
- Impact. Knowledge Engineers are at the core of what Reasoning Mind does. The lessons you design will provide a first-rate mathematics education to tens of thousands of students across the country.
- The team. You’ll be joining a fun, driven curriculum development team and work closely with the organization’s leadership.
- The culture. You’ll be working with thoughtful, friendly, intellectual people. The office abounds with interesting discussions, ranging from relevant research to literature and board games.
- Growth. You'll continually learn new things, deepening your knowledge of math curricula, psychology, AI methods, and many other fields.
- Advancement. Because of Reasoning Mind's rapid growth, exceptionally talented people have the opportunity to quickly advance to roles of increasing responsibility.
Is this position for entry-level or mid-career professionals?
There are two variants of this position, one for entry-level and one for early-career applicants:
- Knowledge Engineers – recent college graduates
- Senior Knowledge Engineers – recent PhD graduates or postdoctoral researchers in mathematics or the sciences, or individuals with several years of relevant work experience
What career paths are open to Knowledge Engineers?
Because they are at the center of Reasoning Mind’s curriculum development efforts, Knowledge Engineers can grow into a variety of leadership roles in curriculum, including managing teams of other Knowledge Engineers.
In addition, Reasoning Mind employees often move to other departments at Reasoning Mind as they develop interests in different areas of the organization’s work.
What are the benefits?
Reasoning Mind offers an exceptional benefits package. As a Reasoning Mind employee, you will enjoy comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) as well as short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, and life insurance. You will receive 17 days of annual paid vacation and have the additional option of telecommuting – working from home or remotely from any location in the world – for a total of 20 days every year.
Programmer - Omaha Steaks
Posting Number: PR14-02
The Essential Job Duties Do Include But Are Not Limited To:
· Designs internal workings of computer programs based on system design provided by the Systems Analyst and department standards.
· Assists programming team to resolve any design problems encountered during programming phase.
· Researches and identifies specific problem areas within the design or implementation of software systems; keeps abreast of new techniques for software design and hardware changes.
· Codes and debugs designed computer programs.
· Documents program code and system documentation as defined by the department manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· 4-year college degree or equivalent in MIS or Computer Science.
· Must have proficient knowledge and understanding of applied structured programming techniques as well as database design, data structures, operating systems.
· Must be familiar with the Windows operating system for PCs.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Excellent organizational and analytical ability.
Please apply online at www.omahasteaks.com/jobs.
Sysadmin - Infrastructure Engineer
This position will be the primary role responsible for setup and support of of data center based, payment systems infrastructure. This will be a “heavy lifting” position, as this person will be the go-to person for all things related to our core computing infrastructure.
- Support Linux Infrastructure in multiple data-centers
- Support networking infrastructure in multiple data-centers
- Support storage infrastructure in multiple data-centers
- Setup, install, configure servers
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Linux systems for production and development
- On Call support 24/7 on a rotational basis
- Monitor system performance using available tools, modify system tuning parameters, identify and resolve problems with systems
- Implement/maintain appropriate backup and recovery strategies
- Designing, capacity planning, trending and maintaining systems
Skills / Qualifications:
- 5 years experience in Linux system administration (designing, Implementation, maintenance)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Hardware and software firewall administration
- Managed switch configuration
- Understanding of VLANs, redundant networking, NIC bonding
- Thorough understanding of Linux authentication (PAM, LDAP, etc).
- LDAP administration
- Shell scripting in bash - Perl, Ruby, Python, etc. a plus
- Backups, security and patching standards, configuring standard builds and best practices
- Proven proficiency in scripting (Shell, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Strong professional, interpersonal, communication, and multitasking skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- strong organizational skills evidenced by ability to quickly set, adapt and adjust properties
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities