Hallmark Digital has an entry level .NET dev position open at our headquarters which is located in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. .NET devs at Hallmark Digital are responsible for building ASP.NET Web APIs, Windows System Services and other applications that are consumed by Hallmark.com. We're looking for someone who has taken a good amount of .NET classes at K-State (the web dev courses are definitely a plus), has some knowledge of Entity Framework 6 and how it interacts with SQL DBs, and has some Web API 2 / MVC experience. Below is a link to the job posting with a more detailed description:
Full-time Job Openings
All entries are taken as is from the hiring agency. The Computing and Information Sciences Department does not edit or check the validity of any entry, nor does it endorse any company. This list is for informational purposes only.
.NET Dev Position - Hallmark Digital
Anyone that is interested, send me an email (Alex.Munda@hallmark.com) with your resume attached.
Skills & Requirements
Ideal Candidate will have:
· C# programming experience
· Experience with ASP.Net Application development
· Experience with SQL Server
· Experience with Visual Studio 2012
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
· Computer Science degree or 4 years of experience
· Pharmacy related knowledge
· Good written and verbal communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Enhance existing applications
· Act as a team member: coding, testing, debugging.
Application Developer: C++ - Kalos Inc.
Looking for a talented Application Developer with C++ experience. Our product is a pharmacy management system in use throughout the United States.
Skills & Requirements
Ideal Candidate will have:
· Experience with C++
· Experience developing end-user desktop applications
· Experience with SQL Server
· Experience with Client/Server Application development
· Computer Science degree or 4 years of experience
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Embarcadero C++ Builder or Delphi
· Pharmacy related knowledge
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain and enhance existing applications.
· Act as a team member: coding, testing and debugging.
Associate Programmer Analyst - FedEx
Associate Programmer Analyst
All times are in Mountain Daylight Time.
FedEx Services - Information Technology
350 Spectrum Loop, Colorado Springs, CO., 80921
More information about this job:
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you!
Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among “World’s Most Admired Companies” and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014)
- Glassdoor, Employees’ Choice Awards: “Top 50 Best Places to Work” (2014)
- FORTUNE Magazine: “100 Best Companies to Work For” (2013)
- Computerworld: “100 Best Places to Work in IT” (2013)
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens” (2014)
When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply Now’ and tell us more about yourself.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.
Under close supervision, code and unit test changes to computer programs from program specifications. Documents and maintains those programs.
Ideal Skills/Knowledge Includes
Colorado Springs, CO.
Bachelor's degree/equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
Any interested candidate can apply online at FedEx.com under careers – search for jobs under FedEx Services
Cyber Security Model Developer - Aon Benfield
Job Title: Cyber Security Model Developer
Reports to: Mark Lynch, Head of Human Security Model Development
Team: Impact Forecasting
Sub-Team: Human Security Team
Contract: Full Time
Available to: Both domestic and international students
Job Outline: To project manage and develop Impact Forecasting’s probabilistic cyber risk modelling capabilities. The individual will build, test and implement the key assumptions within Impact Forecasting’s cyber security model and will engage with clients to sell and develop the product. He/she will work within the human security team in order to help clients quantify the scale of losses that are likely to occur from cyber-attacks and the probability of attacks occurring reflecting key developments in the field.
This exciting role will allow a motivated individual to design and build an innovative, probabilistic model for cyber risk within the reinsurance sector. The model will be used within the reinsurance sector as the basis for key business decisions on cyber risk and the role will allow the successful candidate to engage with key decision makers while researching and developing innovative cyber analysis.
Required Skills: - Masters/PhD in Information Security (or equivalent)
- Understanding of interdependence and network modelling
- Innovative and creating thinking to capture key issues
- Excellent presentation skills to explain complex issues in a clear manner
- Ability to work to clear deadlines
- Capacity to work independently and within a team environment
- Basic understanding of insurance and reinsurance industry
- Understanding of probabilistic modelling
Job Spec: Master’s or PhD student with a background in probabilistic modelling and cyber security. In terms of job description the key attributes we would be looking for would be someone who comprehends the macro-level changes to network security while understanding how local changes to IT networks can affect risk levels, he/she should have some background in probabilistic computation while a research project in network interdependence would be ideal as this is where we believe the greatest challenges in model development lie. Moreover, they should have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate complex phenomena in a simple way as cyber can be quite a complex subject area and we need to be able to explain our models to clients and the broking arm of Aon.
If interested please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Scientist - Microsoft
Azure Active Directory Data Analytics team is looking for applied scientists who are passionate about applying data mining, data analytics, big data and machine learning techniques to a variety of exciting applications for enterprises and consumers.
We build the data processing and analytics pipeline needed to keep data flowing for the Azure cloud services and leverage it for building the best products and services for our customers.
We are focused on building robust, massive scale systems that process and mine data with extremely high reliability.
We then apply data analytics, modeling and machine learning to build intelligence from the data.
You will work on all aspects of the design, development and implementation of massive scale systems and data pipelines with extremely high availability and on data mining and analytics.
- Work closely with a product engineering team to identify and answer important product questions
- Answer product questions by using appropriate statistical, data mining, data analytics techniques on available data
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Implement high scale and highly reliable data pipelines that collect, process and analyze data
- Implement algorithms and create computer models that are used for data exploration and then make them repeatable in the data pipelines
- Conduct statistical modeling, predictive modeling and experiment design
- Analyze, interpret and communicate the results of data analysis
- Collaborate with product engineers and other scientists.
- Implement new or enhanced software designed to access and handle data more efficiently
Qualification Summary :
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research or equivalent technical field.
- Experience with Software development skills in one or more high level languages (C#/C/C++/Java/F#), one or more scripting languages (Python/Perl/Shell), and common ML/ data analytics tools (Weka, R, Matlab, RapidMiner, KNIME, scikit, SAS, SPSS, ModelBuilder etc.)
- Experience working with large data sets (structured and unstructured data) and big data
- Experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Possess deep knowledge of statistics, data mining, machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Demonstrate excellent programming skills while having a good understanding of design and architecture principles
- Has strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate them to the products or services the company is producing
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has the ability to think and research creatively, with ability to experiment and course correct
- Displays exceptional organizational skills and is detail oriented
- Being able to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment as in a competitive landscape new data keeps flowing in rapidly and the world is constantly changing
Director of Information Systems - Unbound
Director of Information Systems
Unbound is looking for a Director of Information Systems to oversee the information systems department. The director must ensure all the technology needs of Unbound are met in an efficient and secure manner. The candidate will need to provide a stable computer network for all areas of Unbound, establish the systems support necessary for both the network infrastructure and the application software for the sponsorship and donor system, and provide basic in-house support for other systems. The person in this role will work closely with all other departments within Unbound. The individual will be responsible for providing systems that allow day-to-day operations to function and also be aware of ways to improve, enhance or compliment the work of Unbound utilizing computer and technology advances.
The mission of the Information Systems Department is to provide tools for Unbound staff so that they may serve the sponsors and their sponsored friends.
· A bachelor’s degree in information systems with formal education in project management, information systems technology and staff development
· Extensive experience (15-20 years preferred) in the information systems field in technical and managerial roles
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the information systems staff and all levels of management at Unbound
· Ability to troubleshoot and assist in all areas of information systems with a special emphasis in the networking/systems area
· Knowledge and experience implementing security measures to ensure PCI compliance
· A desire to serve the staff and goals of Unbound through technology.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HR.
If you have any questions regarding this position you may speak to Lisa, Neveda, or the Department Director.
IT Consultant-2 Positions - Information Technology Assistance Center-Kansas State University
This position works as a part of a team that provides support for more than 1900 workstations and a variety of mobile devices (iOS, Android devices, Windows Mobile, etc.) in administrative department and academic departments across two of the university's campuses as well as the Kansas Department of Agriculture and Kansas State Research and Extension which include county offices across the state of Kansas. The network environment includes the following platform components: Windows 7/Windows 8, Windows Active Directory and Apple Mac OS X.
• Bachelors Degree, or three years of related coursework or employment experience in information technology
• Three years’ experience in a desktop support, help desk, and/or technical support environment
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in the configuration and administration of desktop operating systems (including Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OSX workstations) for users in a multi-user LAN environment
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of Windows applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and file manager software on Intel-based desktop computers in a multi-user distributed network-computing environment involving one or more LAN servers
• Extensive knowledge and experience with workstation hardware (installation, configuration, troubleshooting, repair and understand the relationship between the hardware and the operating system)
• Experience working in a fast-paced work environment, assisting staff with varied technical and business systems needs
• Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot system problems
• Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paces, highly technical environment
• Effective written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal skills in communicating technical IT issues to a non-technical public
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be able to exercise individual judgment on solutions to problems, technology recommendations and service assistance
• BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, plus one year of experience in electronics, electrical engineering, telecommunications. Five years of experience can be substituted for this qualification
• Hands-on training and/or experience in supporting user access to Windows Active Directory environment.
• Extensive knowledge and use of more complex Window-based applications, such as databases in a multi-user environment
• Experience with desktop management, such as Microsoft System Center Configuartion Manager
• Experience working in a higher education environment
• MCSE certification
• Broad experience with mobile devices and the support of mobile devices (iOS, Android devices, Windows Mobile, etc.)
Technical - Software & Operating Systems:
• Install, configure, and maintain software applications and operating systems
• Troubleshoot software configuration and usage problems
• Assist end users with questions and problems
• Train end users on proper use of software
• Make recommendations to customer departments and users for applications to fulfill business functional requirements. (Due to the diverse functional requirements of the customer departments and end users, a highly complex group of software applications must be supported)
• Design installation procedures for the deployment of software applications for end users
• Install server-based applications to be used in a typical client/server relationship.
• Comply with state, university, and departmental policies regarding installation and use of software applications
• Comply with vendor license requirements for software applications and operating systems
• Provide support for mobile devices (iOS, Android devices, Windows Mobile, etc.) and their integration with university systems such as email, calendaring and contact sync
Technical - Hardware:
• Install, configure, and maintain computer and peripheral hardware to include hardware repairs, upgrades and printer repairs
• Adhere to state, university, and departmental policies regarding hardware maintenance and use
• Make recommendations to customer departments and users for hardware based on analysis of functional requirements and compatibility with existing hardware and software
• Provide hardware repair for printers across campus
Work Request Coordination:
• Coordinate and assign work requests to the student technicians
• Determine priority for work requests and schedule appropriately within existing work conditions and quality of service parameters
• Document solutions to reported problems for future reference by the PC/Network Technicians
• Train PC technicians on current hardware/operating systems/software applications for installation, configuration, and troubleshooting procedures
• Devise improvements in the PC support operation, including improvements in technical procedures, technical training, collecting and organizing technical information, improvements in the use of incident management technology, etc.
• Work directly with customers to maintain a high level of service and address their
needs, as well as keep customers informed of developments and issues pertaining to their incident or request
Distributed Application Deployment:
• Deploy distributed applications to the university staff
• Provide technical support for the client workstations by either collaborating with local technical support or by providing necessary support to complete the delivery and operation of the distributed applications
Research and Development:
• Research new technologies
• Produce reports for management analyzing the feasibility of new products
• Make recommendations for future hardware, software applications, and operating systems by analyzing the functional requirements of the customer departments and end users, while considering compatibility with existing hardware and software configurations
This position is a regular, 12-month, full time, benefits eligible position and reports to the iTAC Client Services Manager. The salary range is $40,000 - $45,000 and includes a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid leave, retirement plan, and tuition assistance. Refer to the benefits summary (http://www.k-state.edu/hr/current-employees/benefits/summary.html) for additional information.
How to Apply:
Screening begins July 13, 2015. If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit the following information to the individual listed below: cover letter reflecting how skills meet the requirements of the position, resume, and the names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and relationship of three professional references.
RPG IV Programmer - Kansas Turnpike
DEFINITION OF WORK
This full time, entry-level position involves development of new RPG IV business applications or enhancement of existing ones. Other responsibilities include the implementation of basic reports and application databases. Application development is performed under the guidance of an experienced programmer or manager. Subject to administrative approval and with sufficient knowledge, experience and demonstration of requisite capability, this position progresses into the Programmer Analyst position.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Working from specifications to develop new or modify existing application systems.
- Documenting, developing and testing programs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- College degree in computer science or information systems / technology or comparable years of work experience developing business applications.
- Willingness to learn the IBM Power Systems / IBM i platform and its development environment, languages and utilities (e.g., Rational Developer for i, RPG IV, CL, DDS, SQL, etc.).
- Desire to increase technical competence and learn programming techniques from other programmers and more advanced methodologies, tools and languages for IBM i application modernization (e.g., more familiar, graphical or web interfaces).
- Understanding of business principles and objectives with good organizational, time-management and communication skills.
- Working well under supervision and from programming specifications.
- Writing program documentation.
- Assisting end users in the use of programs.
- A professional appearance and positive attitude.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQURIED
College degree in computer science or information systems/ technology or comparable years of work experience developing business applications.
Apply at the following link: http://www.ksturnpike.com/employment/current_opportunities/rpg_iv_programmer
Software Developer - Microsoft
More than half of Microsoft’s $86b+ revenue comes from enterprise software and cloud services. Microsoft’s enterprise cloud business is on track to do $5.5b a year and has seen six consecutive quarters of triple-digit revenue growth.
Azure Active Directory is the identity foundation for Microsoft’s enterprise cloud business and, with 1.5m active organizations, has the critical mass to drive a virtuous cycle of viral enterprise adoption of our cloud services.
Our team is tasked with fulfilling Satya’s vision to make Azure AD the best platform for (1) *viral adoption* to enable any user in any organization to adopt our enterprise cloud services and (2) *business-to-business* collaboration to enable businesses and organizations to effectively leverage Azure AAD platform to collaborate with their partners.
We are looking for developers, who are passionate about developing highly available, scalable enterprise cloud platforms and applications. This is the job for you if you are interested in a high profile project with executive attention and the opportunity for dramatic business impact.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Great design and problem solving skills
- Strong system and web programming/protocol background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as cross-group collaboration skills
- Self-starter with relentless focus on getting things done
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Great problem solving skills and high intellectual horsepower
The following are definite pluses:
- Experience in distributed systems and Azure technologies
- Experience in a rapid development environment
- Experience in identity space
- Expertise in AngularJS, HTML5
- Experience with running a service, continuous integration and deployment, GIT
Software Developers - Manhattan and midwest - Xpanxion
Xpanxion currently has several positions available in Manhattan, KS including:
Senior Java Developer Lead
Software Development Engineer in Test.
You can see the full listings, descriptions, and apply online here: http://xpanxion.theresumator.com/apply
Web / Software Developer - Crop Quest
Web / Software Developer
Crop Quest developers provide leadership and expertise in the latest technology to Crop Quest consultants and the Ag community. Agriculture is a relatively untapped market for entrepreneurial developers wanting to carve out their niche. What better team to guide development efforts than the one willing to put the software to work in the field. Our team is passionate about developing new technologies and revealing techniques to move agriculture to a new level. If you share our passion and have an entrepreneurial spirit please contact us.
Our company is 100% employee owned which makes for a unique culture of self-motivated individuals. Every employee becomes a vested owner at Crop Quest. As a member of this team, you will be on the cutting edge of technology, helping mold the future of agriculture. We want you to be successful both personally and professionally. This position will require working with upper management and staff from the Crop Quest main office in Dodge City, KS.
Duties / Responsibilities:
● Web / software development
● Network maintenance
● Network security
● Collaborate with Precision Ag team members on projects
● Educational Presentations as Needed
● Other Duties as Necessary
Skills required to be successful in this position:
● Solid background in Web Development (OOP, MVC Frameworks)
● Knowledge of modern responsive web design principles (HTML/CSS)
● Database design and management (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
● Familiarity with Linux (or OS X) and Git
● Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
● Desire to serve others in a team atmosphere
● Self-motivation, eager to learn new languages, programming, and design styles
Skills that put you a step ahead of the competition:
● Familiarity building/integrating web services and APIs (REST, JSON, XML, OAUTH)
● Experience building business reports
● Interest in implementing GIS mapping into web and mobile platforms
● Knowledge and experience working in mobile platforms like iOS & Android
● Windows Software Development (C#, Visual Basic)
● System Administration (Windows, VMware)
Full-time Position Candidate’s Credentials / Experience:
● Graduate or graduating senior with a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar degree
● Valid Driver’s License
For more details about career opportunities with Crop Quest visit http://www.cropquest.com/careers.
Job Descriptions are designed to give potential employees an idea of their job requirements and may change at any time at the discretion of the company to fit company goals and needs.
Website Coordinator, K-State Global Campus - KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
Kansas State University seeks applicants with work experience in developing and maintaining websites and knowledge of the web as a marketing tool. Bachelor’s degree or 3 years’ experience is required. Excellent administrative, collaborative and communication skills are essential.